Friday, September 18, 2009

Marissa First Experience with the Plant Spirits

In the 1980s, when I worked as a gardener in the San Francisco Bay Area, I read a book that really spoke to a different part of me and gave me a deeper understanding or knowingness that I couldn’t quite figure out. I only knew that I wanted more of the same. I shared this with the store owner and she said, “It’s because the book was channeled.” She went on to say, “If you liked that book, you might be ready for this one,” and handed me Sanaya Roman’s book Open to Channel. I was thoroughly enamored with the book and knew it was something I wanted to experience. I called Sanaya Roman’s office and found out they were going to do only one more seminar on channeling so I signed up immediately.

During the seminar I felt a lot of doubt when we were asked to discover the name of our guide. When we were led through guided meditation into the channeling space, the name that came through for me was Tiffany. I was disappointed because I didn’t think that was a very other-worldly name for a spiritual guide. But as the seminar progressed, I actually felt the heart-shift when she came in, and I was able to answer the questions that other participants put to me/Tiffany.

That Monday after the seminar, I returned to my work in a large garden in Piedmont and immediately started thinking about roses. Why didn’t we have any roses in the garden?
For one thing, my left brain said, the deer will eat them, smart fellows that they are.
But, argued another voice, there are no deer in the front garden. It is too close to the street. They never venture up here.
I couldn’t argue with that, so I spoke to the owners and they both agreed that roses would definitely be a pleasurable addition to the English-style garden, with its profusion of annuals and perennials.

I went to the nursery right away. It was late September, so all the roses were in bare root form. Three or four leafless sticks (with thorns on them) stuck out of each root ball. They were labeled with pictures. A small metal disked attached to the base of the root stock gave the name and color of each rose. Hundreds of them stretched out in long rows in front of me.

It was a daunting sight. I started to feel kind of funny as I walked toward them. I bent over to read the label on the first one; it said TIFFANY, a prize tea rose, very fragrant. Imagine my surprise and delight to find out that my guide was the Plant Spirit of this exquisite shrub.

Suddenly it all made sense. I was a gardener. Of course I would resonate with the Plant Spirits. I probably had been doing that unconsciously for some time. Gee, and I thought it was me that just instinctively knew what to plant where and how to care for it. More likely I had been receiving telepathic messages from Plant Spirits all along. I was ecstatic to begin consciously communicating with Tiffany and any other Plant Spirit that wanted to reveal itself to me.

And thus began my awakening to the unseen realms of these divine beings who love and care for us and have much to teach us if we will only listen. And listen I did, and respond they did to my endless questions. I am still asking, but I have learned to listen more in an effort to co-create with them a world that does not seem separate from them, but is intricately mixed together in the knowingness of our oneness here on this divine planet Earth.

3 comments:

  1. I like your book "Ask Althea" I wonder what Mera will say. Great message from Althea the wise hollyhock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to experience this too. But not quite sure if I can do it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about your experiences channelling. The stories you tell are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete